Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Diaby pens new Arsenal deal

23 years old French midfielder Abou Diaby has signed a new deal with the gunners. He came to Arsenal in January 2006 and has played 119 matches. Diaby is having great season with Arsenal team and has scored six goals. Diaby is becoming an important part of the Arsenal midfield.

He scored twice in the second game of English Premier League this season against Portsmouth. "This shows my long-term commitment to Arsenal and I am very happy here, which is why I am so pleased to extend my contract," said Diaby.

He added "It's a great thing for me and hopefully there will be some good years ahead for me here."

Diaby has shown some great display of game in the recent games against Hull City and Aston Villa. His performance was also good in the Portsmouth game that Arsenal won 4-1, but he was slightly outshone by Ramsey and Song, since both of them scored.

No comments:

Post a Comment